Happy Friday ladies (& gents)! I am so glad the weekend is about to start. This has been a LONG work week and I didn't even have to go in on Monday. Last night my all time bestie from middle school, high school, and throughout college drove up here to visit me! We parted ways after high school and chose different colleges but we both made an effort to make plenty of trips to each other and stayed updated with each others lives.
Grace & I at Prom 2007
Anyways, this is my last weekend in my apartment in Wilmington (by the beach) before we have to move out, so naturally Grace had to come spend one last weekend with the roomies and I before we have to get all packed up and head back to Charlotte! How bittersweet.
In celebration of Grace spending the weekend with us I am going to leave you with pictures of two of our favorite things:
Champagne & Cupcakes!
All images via google images
I also found a recipe for strawberry champagne cupcakes that I can't wait to try!
Sweet Pink Strawberry Champagne Cupcake Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup champagne
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 to 5 drops red food coloring
Pink decorator sugar crystals
Edible pink pearls
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
- In large bowl, combine dry cake mix and champagne. Add oil, eggs. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake 17 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In medium bowl, beat frosting ingredients with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Sprinkle with pink sugar or pearls.
Have a wonderful weekend.. have a cupcake & some bubbly-- you deserve it!