Last night we went out for one of my loves, cEs's, 21st birthday [Happy bday cEs! We had so much fun!] :) Anyways, one of my besties [and roomie!] kJg did my hair in a fishtail braid.
I always braid my hair to the side when I feel too lazy to mess with it but it's always just a regular boring braid. Fishtail braids have been popular for a few years now but I have never known how to do them. I can french braid until my hands fall off, but I couldn't master the fishtail for the life of me! When kJg said she could do it for me, I was thrilled, to say the least! Here are a couple of examples of why I fell in love with this hair style a looong time ago:
Are you convinced that this is an adorable hair style? Especially for summer! This would be so cute and easy to mantain poolside or at the beach. Well, in lieu of how much I loved this braid (and since I got so many compliments on it last night! Thanks kJg!) I found a how-to tutorial online for you ladies!
1. Once you have separated the ponytail, you are going to start out by holding the 2 strands in your left hand.
2. Now you are going to take a thin piece from the outside of the right strand and join it with the left strand.
3. Reverse how you are holding hair and switch hands.
4. With your left hand take a thin piece from the outside of the left strand and join it with the right strand.
5. You are going to repeat steps 2 and 3 until the braid is as long as you desire. Then finish with an elastic.
Good luck on creating your own fishtail braid! Happy Sunday everyone!