Last night, my roomie aJc and I were trying to figure out what we could eat with the very limited supply of food we had left in the house. [To say we need to go to the grocery store would be an extreme understatement!] Well, being the
wanna-be Susie Homemaker that I am, I went to my handy-dandy 'eating lite' blackberry app and found the most perfect recipe [after I switched a couple things around]!
Now, get out a pen and pad y'all, because you're going to want to write this one down! Not only is it fairly light in calories, but it's simple, fast, and I can't imagine who couldn't love these!
Easy- Peezy Parmesan Chicken Fingers
1. 2lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
(the coating is enough to cover about 4 chicken breasts, although we used 3)
2. 1 pkt shake n' bake
3. 1/3 c parmesan cheese
4. Dipping sauce of your choice [I recommend ranch!]
1. Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees
2. Defrost your chicken if needed and then cut the breasts into 1 inch strips.
3. Mix the shake n' bake & parmesan cheese in a ziploc bag.
4. Put 1 or 2 chicken strips in the ziploc bag and fully coat it with the mixture.
5. Lay it on a tin foil covered pan and bake for 14-15min.
The chicken strips before the oven.
The chicken strips fully done and served with green beans & ranch dipping sauce!
Next time I think I might make them with the ranch flavored shake n' bake! These are so easy and soo delicious! We made three large chicken breasts and wished we had made more! [Insert fatty jokes & judgements here; I can take it!] Also- I bet these would be delicious with mashed potatoes and a big butter biscuit!
Happy cooking my friends! Smile, it's almost Friday!